Yes, you read it right. Photoshop can be used to make small and simple animations
Although very complex motion graphics can't be made using photoshop yet they can be very helpful in making sweet and simple animation. This tutorial will cover how to make animations using photoshop. I'll be making a simple bouncing ball motion with the help of Adobe Photoshop.
1. Open the artboard as per the dimensions you require for your animation. If you open a 1920X1080 pixels artboard, the video rendered will be of the same resolution.
2. Create any shape of your choice, in my case, I'll create a circle by holding shift.
3. Now click on windows and make sure to tick mark the "Timeline" option.
4. After clicking on time line, in the centre you'll be getting an option of "Create a video timeline" and you'll get the workspace as shown
5. Now click on the small arrow indicated to bring the properties panel in order to start animating.
6. Now click on the small watch type icon for "Vector Mask Position" to make keyframes. Keyframes are basically the frame from which the motion starts taking place to the next keyframe.
7. Now bring the blue arrow forward and drag the shape to wherever you want it to go after the first keyframe.
8. Now you can simply create it as you want.
9. Now decrease the length of the timeline by dragging the purple portion to the left. The purple portion is the part that will be rendered into the final video, make sure to keep the purple part after the last keyframes.
10. You can hit the play button to see how your animation looks. To export the video, click on a file then export, and then "Render Video".
11. You can rename the video as per your choice and select the folder to which you want the video to be put and hit render, That's it you're done. You can watch the rendered video below.
Easing Up Tech- Tech Aficionado